Planning and Implementing Peer Support Systems
September 1, 2015
Share this resource:
Browse by Category
Use this 6-step process to plan and implement successful peer support systems in your school.
- Step 1: Planning Team
- Who will serve on the planning team?
- What are the goals of the program?
- Step 2: Program Procedures
- Who will coordinate the program?
- What is the name of the program?
- Step 3: Recruit and Select Peers
- Who requires peer assistance?
- Who will create job descriptors?
- Step 4: Train Peer Tutors
- What content should be contained in the peer tutor training?
- Step 5: Implement the Program
- What is the timeframe?
- Who will schedule peers?
- Who will monitor implementation?
- Step 6: Evaluate the Program
- When will surveys be distributed?
- When will results be published?