Little River Elementary School in Loudoun County Public Schools Plans for ISW 2018
Share this story:
Kimberly Dempsey (assistant principal), Anne Terry (school counselor), and Melissa Middlebrooks (school counseling intern) have collaborated and organized several ISW 2018 activities listed below. We hope they inspire your ISW Celebrations!
- Little River has an active PTA and a strong presence on Twitter and FaceBook so they are planning a social media campaign for the week using the following hashtags: #bekind, #ISW2018 and #LRElem.
- In the spirit of creating a KALEIDOSCOPE, the students will wear an assigned color during the PTA Spirit Night. Each grade is assigned a color- PreK is purple, K is yellow, 1st is blue, 2nd is green, 3rd is red, 4th is orange and 5th is any color. This should make a beautiful, colorful inclusive group of students!
- The Student Tech Ambassador created interviews for morning announcements featuring questions such as, “What does inclusion mean?”, “When did you include someone else?” and “When did someone include you?”
- There will be inclusion themed poetry readings and mini-lessons using poetry, picture books, kindness quotes, and art projects for students to enjoy.
- The librarian is promoting books with inclusion themes for students and teachers to read during The Week.
- Reading of 10 Ways to Stand Up and Sit Tall from last year’s theme.
Submitted by: Melissa Middlebrooks, Intern through Liberty University at at Little River Elementary School in South Riding, VA, (Loudoun County Public Schools)
Do you have an Inclusion in Action Story to share? We’d love to read about it and share it with others.