KIPP Woodson Park Academy Celebration Plans #ISW2020
Share this story:
KIPP Woodson Park Academy in Atlanta Public Schools has shared their celebration plans for this year’s Inclusive Schools Week!
Activities that Promote Awareness
- Staff will make a Flipgrid video highlighting “Our difference is our superpower” that will be shared to grade levels. Students will make a Flipgrid responding to the same prompt. Videos will be shared via Instagram throughout the week.
- Teacher-led presentation on celebrities that have disabilities, highlighting individuals who have learned to be resilient and cope with disabilities to lead successful lives.
Activities that Increase Knowledge and/or Skills
- Presentation on inclusiveness and how we can make sure all of our teammates are included.
- K-2 will learn feeling words and how to make statements by matching feelings to pictures and filling in the blank with matching elements.
- Grades 3-6 will discuss and respond to scenarios to learn perspective and how to consider another person’s thoughts, feelings, emotions and motives.
Do you have an Inclusion in Action Story to share? We’d love to read about it and share it with others.