Eureka! Inclusive Communities Network’s Idea for Local Gathering
Share this story:
Please Join Eureka! Inclusive Communities Network in celebrating Inclusive Schools Week.
The energy and desire for inclusion is strong and growing in Santa Clara County. This opportunity to meet others that are paving the path forward share experiences, insights, lessons, and celebrate accomplishments is priceless.
View their PowerPoint Presentation here
Information about the Gathering
- You will find a description of what inclusive schools week is below, and a detailed schedule of what to expect. We will provide a light snacks and an evening that is warm and welcoming for all.
- Space is limited to 30 this year so please be sure to reserve your tickets!! Location will be accessible and provided upon reservation.
- Meet local advocates, parents, board members and educators dedicated to equity based inclusive schools and communities.
- Learn why inclusive communities begin with inclusive schools.
- Share your experiences and thoughts in a safe and inclusive community discussion.
- Join efforts with parents throughout the county and CA working towards a shared goal of academic and social inclusion for every single child!
Schedule of Events
- 0-10 Minutes Arrive and check in Mingle
- 10-15 minutes Welcome Statement and around the room Introductions
- 15-30 minutes Celebrate and Recognize Santa Clara County “Champions of Inclusion”
Interactive Small Group/Large Group Activities
- Watch the recording of Richard Villa’s Inclusion Collaborative Presentation about Inclusive Practices, Classrooms and the Inclusive Checklist
- Watch short clips highlighting local school programs “Inclusion In Action”
- Break into small groups to discuss:
- Inclusive education is/Inclusive education is not…
- I observed adults supporting inclusion in the following ways……
- Something I will do to support inclusion in my school and community is….
1. A checklist of no/low cost inclusive practices that do not require policy change to share with your child’s teacher/school or if a teacher that you can implement tomorrow!
2. A proclamation you can present to your school board declaring the first week of December Inclusive Schools Week
Do you have an Inclusion in Action Story to share? We’d love to read about it and share it with others.