Use this six step process to plan and implement successful peer support systems in your school.
Step 1: Planning Team
- Who will serve on the planning team?
- What are the goals of the program?
Step 2: Program Procedures
- Who will coordinate the program?
- What is the name of the program?
Step 3: Recruit and Select Peers
- Who requires peer assistance?
- Who will create job descriptors?
Step 4: Train Peer Tutors
- What content should be contained in the peer tutor training?
Step 5: Implement the Program
- What is the timeframe?
- Who will schedule peers?
- Who will monitor implementation?
Step 6: Evaluate the Program
- When will surveys be distributed?
- When will results be published?