Submitted by Lairalaine M. White
Inclusive Schools Week Celebration Plans
In addition to centerwide activities, Teaching Teams at the Frazer Center will:
- Create a colorful display that tells an inclusive practice that is used whether it’s on a daily basis or something new.
- Be able to answer the question “What is Inclusion?”
- Be able to present your class’s Inclusive practice be ready to demonstrate is if necessary.
Judges will come around during the week of Inclusive Schools Week and ask any member of the teaching team to explain what inclusion is, their inclusive strategy and be able to describe or demonstrate the practice.
The teaching teams will be judged on the following criteria
- Creativity of Poster Presentation
- Knowledge and definition of Inclusion
- Verbal Presentation of Inclusive strategy
- Schedule adherence
Also, we have several events planned center wide including: Lunch Time Learning of Inclusive Practices – Cecelia’s Story – A film documentary that chronicles young Cecelia’s life portrait as a cochlear implant recipient from infancy to her 8th birthday. This highly personal portrait documents the challenges her and her family face as struggle through her deafness and the discovery of her sense of self. Young Chef’s Academy – Rita Glaser/Mother of Deaf Son Cooking Inclusively In The Classroom. In this hands on event educators and parents will experience the joy of cooking inclusively techniques with children in a classroom setting and actually prepare a recipe. A session on Special Needs Estate Planning. Therapist and Service Providers Luncheon – State Representative Stephanie Stuckey Benfield our speaker/presenter. Representative Benfield will present our resolution and speak to us about her perspective on the new Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities. Additionally, our winners for the Inclusive Practice Classroom will be announced.